[Users] reply-to-list annoyance

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Fri Jan 30 18:07:22 CET 2015

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:50:14 -0500,
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

Michael> But anyway, reply to list and to the related list poster,
Michael> altogether, wouldn't make much sense in any case ?

Ian> Even that is not clear-cut.  He or she may have posted from an
Ian> address which is not subscribed.

Steve> In which case, there are one of two possibilities: 1) He or she
Steve> is subscribed at another email address, or 2) he or she is not
Steve> subscribed at all.

Steve> Case 1: I don't know why this case would happen, but if it does,
Steve> and you reply to it sending only to the list, the original poster
Steve> will see your response the first time he or she uses the email
Steve> from which he or she is subscribed.

That may be weeks later.  Example: I'm subscribed from my $DAYJOB
account, I'm on vacation where I don't have access to that account.