[Users] reply-to-list annoyance

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Fri Jan 30 01:39:13 CET 2015

Me too often run into this trouble.

I wonder if there's any valid intention, for senders, to reply with private mail as TO: when answering to a list -- or is it always rather a (little) mistake ? I have to admit i never tried to mix up list with offlist recipients, so maybe lack insight.

If it was a regular mistake, and there just no sane reason to do it, then i wonder if that kind of mistake couldn't be corrected just regularly, by the MUA, right before any such mail gets delivered. Like setting TO to the list, automaticly, and putting anybody else into CC, while dropping any CCs that can be identified as on list too.

This sounds pretty much like what's gotten proposed already, it's merely a change point of view - not only correcting weird replies but avoid create such replies in the first place.