[Users] Mailing list replies - Was: Error while sending....

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Tue Jan 27 23:47:07 CET 2015

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:08:51 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 06:51:15 -0500
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
>
> > Then you have never had the pleasure of using kmail, which has a
> > per folder setting labeled "folder contains a mailing list". 99% of
> > the time it Just Works(TM).
>
> you're right, I've never had that pleasure. I can't see how that
> would work, say, if I chucked a load of random messages into that
> folder.
>
> Anyway, in Claws you can set a per folder setting for Default To and
> Defualt To for replies, which kind of sounds remotely similar.

The "folder contains a mailing list" feature could just automatically
set Default To to the List-Post value of the messages in the folder.

To cover your case where you've put random messages in the folder, it
could just collect all the List-Post values, and select the one value
that the most messages have in common.  Or just pick the first one it
finds.... or pop up a list and have the user pick.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company