[Users] Mailing list replies - Was: Error while sending....

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:38:51 CET 2015

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:44:28 -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2015, at 09:53 AM, Paul wrote:
>
> >> Again I like this mailman feature, that's why I'm using it. If you
> >> think that it's a bug by mailman, instead of a Claws issue, then
> >> you should contact the mailman developers.
> >
> >No, I don't think it's a bug in mailman - it's just the way it works.
> >It's also not a bug in Claws. If anything, it's a bug in Ralf
> >Mardorf. :)
>
> Well, really it's a bug in the spec (i.e. all the email RFCS :).
>
> There's no win here.  Mailman can't filter out the direct copy
> because it never sees it.  The direct copy can't have the List-*
> headers because it never flows through Mailman.  The *only* thing
> Mailman can do is suppress the list copy if it determines that the
> recipient will also get a direct copy.
>
> Because of this inherent trade-off, Mailman leaves it up to the
> member to decide.  Your choices really are, either get the duplicates
> and be careful only to reply to the list copy, or avoid the
> duplication and do a reply-to-all instead of a reply-to-list.

Full ACK.

Another possibility is to call attention, if somebody by accident send
several replies To people subscribed to the list and Cc's to the list.
The OP noticed his accident and after that he only send to the list.
So everything was fine.

The only problem that caused this long unnecessary discussion was:

"Begin forwarded message: