[Users] Mailing list replies - Was: Error while sending....

Stephan Braun sylpheed-claws-users at lists.evervoid.net
Mon Jan 26 10:48:05 CET 2015

Mahlzeit!

On 26.01.2015 at 07:09:39 Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com>
wrote:
If you reply TO somebody and CC to the mailing list, Claws _can't_
>automatically reply to the mailing list only, even when Configuration >
>Preferences... > Writing > Reply button invokes mailing list reply is
>checked. The OP sent a message TO me and CC'ed to the mailing list. I
>explained that this is wrong. JFTR, there's the same problem for Claws,
>if somebody has an entry for Reply-To.

Ralf, you are mixing up mails…

In the case a mail was sent To: you and Cc: list, you should have
received two messages: one directly to you and one via the list.

What you did was to reply to the message that was sent directly to you.
Because of this, the message was lacking all the relevant list headers
so Claws could not have any chance to know, that it should trigger a
list reply. Please check the headers of the message you replied to. I'm
sure you won't find something like

regards,
swb