[Users] Error while sending....

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Jan 25 17:17:20 CET 2015

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:59:27 +0100, Paul Rolland (ポール・ロラン) wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 13:05:29 +0100
> Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> I don't complain about the queueing, but rather about the lack of:
> I've finished sending emails, lemme check if something was queued and
> send it now.
>
> I guess something that would:
> 1 - add a flag to a queued mail to indicate it was queued because
> sending was already in progress,
> 2 - at the end of some email sending, process the queue to see if
>     something's queued with this flag, and then send it
> That way, it is still possible to voluntary queue an email for a later
> process, and keep that existing behavior.

The "Queue" folder does. I configured the folder view by View > Set
displayed columns > In folder list... to "Folder, New, Unread, Total",
maybe it's the default. At the right side I've got (and want to have)
the folder view including the "Queue" folder. Perhaps this can be
disabled/enabled by the preferences, but having a folder view in what
position ever, that displays at least "Total" (queued) mails is helpful.

IOW if I use the "Send later" option, the "Queue folder" shows 1 (resp.
+ 1) "Total" message/s. I guess this happens, if a mail wasn't sent
regarding Internet issues too.

Regards,
Ralf

PS: Really annoying is, that Claws doesn't send to mailing list only,
if I reply, as soon as somebody e.g. Cc'ed to the claws mailing list as
you did. Evolution does handle "Reply to mailing list only" much
smarter than Claws does. Please, if you reply don't do it this way:

To: Ralf Mardorf
Cc: users at lists.claws-mail.org, foo at b.ar

simply reply to users at lists.claws-mail.org and don't use a reply to
header. Claws can't handle such mails correctly for a smart reply to
mailing list only. Other MUAs do, but they usually have other
disadvantages.