[Users] place reply in folder of message being replied to?

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 12:49:29 CET 2015

Hi Erik,

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 11:29:00 +0100
"Erik P. Olsen" <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately you'll have to do this each and every time you reply
> to a message. Maybe you could bcc to an unused address used only
> for this purpose and then use filtering to move that message to the
> correct folder.

I think you're missing the point. There is a folder preference where
you can take the option to save sent messages to the current folder.
You would have set this because this is the behaviour that you want.
However, maybe once in a while you compose a new message whilst in
this folder and, just this once, you don't want to save the sent
message to this folder. Therefore, as I said, you can change the
folder to save the Sent mail 'on-the-fly' in the Compose window.

If you really had to do this every time, as you said, then you would
just unset the folder preference.

BTW, please don't send mail to me /and/ the list, just the list is
fine.

with regards

Paul

--
Guerre aux châteaux, Paix aux chaumières