[Users] setup accounts/folders

waltz at krutt.org waltz at krutt.org
Sun Jan 11 07:36:49 CET 2015

"Right click on a Claws folder ;)."
It shows Rename and Move functions grayed out in Claws.

I set up a "Claws Mail" folder with the initial "In, Sent, Drafts,
Queue, Trash boxes" in "/home".  Both accounts will use the same boxes
in and out (before processing/filtering).  However, I now want to make
folders for different accounts. There will be at least one more account.
I also want to make folder trees (maybe just one or two more sublevels;
example: account-J/shipping/fed-ex| DHL| UPS (courier folders in
parallel).

Ok; just made two folders, but did not set processing/filters to feed
them.

This arrangement looks similar to my previous set-up in Eudora. Incoming
mail was generally filtered to the account mailboxes. My main account
had filters to topical mailboxes, but some mail did tend to accumulate
in the main inbox. Eudora advised moving all but the last few emails
(maybe 100) out, as the accumulation in main inbox could slow that
program; while the other boxes were not limited nor a similar drain on
the system.  It makes logical sense to process/filter/group the mail in
a reasonable period, but is it also better for Claws regarding
accumulation in the data in/out path?

Now, right clicking on the two new mail folders I created allows me to
see where to change the properties.  "Folder type" can be set to Normal,
inbox, outbox, draft...  I will need some folders but sometimes just a
mailbox?  Why wouldn't "sent" and "received" mail go into a common
mailbox?  This would preserve all correspondence together in one place.
I like the idea of conversation threading, but I also still tend to look
through the messages for discussion that was edited from replies or
otherwise excluded from a thread.

Filters in Eudora operated on outgoing mail when it was sent.  Before
that time, sendable/draft, queued, and sent mail that did not get
filtered remained in the main outgoing box with indicators
distinguishing the status of messages.  Will Claws work similar?  And
again, why not join "in/sent" mail that match other filter parameters?

Thank you all for your help.