[Users] setup accounts/folders

waltz at krutt.org waltz at krutt.org
Sun Jan 11 00:07:00 CET 2015

I found /.Claws... in the hidden folders in Nemo (Will practice and
learn command-line syntax soon). With fresh installs, I can get a Claws
Mail folder with a sub-folder for the account mail set up. The second
account still acts up:

Assume a yahoo and gmail account.  The first folder can go into
"home/Claws Mail/yahoo".  I'll name the account "yahoo" too; I think the
account data go into "home/claws-mail".  Then, I want to set up "gmail"
alongside (home/Claws Mail/gmail for the folder).  At some point Claws
created a "home/Mail" folder, and I don't yet see my second account mail
folder.

Claws creates "Mailbox (MH)" internally, but it appears to list as
"Mail" in Nemo (home directory). Then, the incoming mail for the account
is directed to " #mh/yahoo/inbox ".  The second account locks to the
same path. (?) So, I can not have

#mh/yahoo/inbox AND #mh/gmail/inbox ?  Then, should I arrange #mh/inbox
and then filter to #mh/inbox/yahoo and #mh/inbox/gmail ?  But, even with
the folders in parallel the "accounts" are arranged hierarchical, right?
(yahoo/gmail)

We can't just drag-and-drop mail folders into a desired configuration
and have Claws adjust the internal map, can we?