[Users] Support for Arabic on Windows

Jeremy Schneider jeremy.schneider at ardentperf.com
Fri Feb 27 16:30:44 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 1:49 AM, sergei karhof <karhof21 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried to pasted some Arabic text into a message, but it seems that
> the Arabic characters are not supported at all. This is odd, because Gtk
> supports Arabic well. Is there something that I should enable or install? I
> am on Windows 8.1.

FYI, I am on Windows 7 professional with Claws 3.10.1 and I am able to
paste Arabic characters into messages and send/receive those messages.
I just sent a test message from claws to my gmail account and was able
to read the Arabic characters in gmail.

I know this is obvious, but worth quickly asking - did you check the
far right-hand side of the window?  (Entering from LTR character sets
will sometimes switch the current line to be right-justified instead
of left-justified.)

-Jeremy

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider