[Users] Cygwin-based CM on Windows

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:26:42 CET 2015

PS:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:19:14 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 00:32:17 -0800, Reply here wrote:
>>I have noticed that the Windows binaries are lagging behind the latest
>>Unix versions. Since (unfortunately) I am on Windows, what do you
>>advise me to do: settling for the (older) Windows binaries or running
>>Claws Mail through Cygwin?
>>
>>If your advice is using Cygwin, could you provide some instructions
>>about setting up CM via Cygwin?
>
>"Cygwin is not:
>
>    a way to run native Linux apps on Windows. You must rebuild your
>    application from source if you want it to run on Windows." -
>    https://www.cygwin.com/
>
>You need to install Linux in a VM to run Linux apps on Windows.
>Virtualbox is easy to use:
>https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

IOW assumed the source is Windows compatible, you need to compile for
Windows from source. If the versions you want to use aren't available
by Windows compatible source, and you want to build for Linux and run
Linux as guest on Windows, then you need to do something like this:

--
"We believe in the synergies that develop from several relations. So,
livestock, crop production, energy production, and aquaculture energize