[Users] Please help me to disable the Message View

Salvatore De Paolis iwkse at claws-mail.org
Thu Feb 26 20:50:11 CET 2015

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:09:47 -0800
Reply here <netbar2014 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Josh,

> Ok, so given that it would be inconvenient to change things for all users,
> could things be changed at least for some users, who find it inconvenient
> that the Mail View comes back all the time when it is not wanted?

you already got a proper reply on that, it doesn't do magic you still have to
press ENTER.

>All I am asking is: how can I redefine the binding of Enter, so that it
>opens the message in a new window instead of displaying the Mail View in
> the same window? I guess this request is not unreasonable, and it is not
> asking too much.
>
> Thank you

You got two options here (actually three, but I'd mention only two because the third
is not feasible for you).

1. View->layout->small screen (does what you want with ENTER)
2. Drag the handle of the message view and pull it down till it disappear

HTH

--
Salvatore