[Users] Please help me to disable the Message View

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Thu Feb 26 20:20:01 CET 2015

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:09:47 -0800
Reply here <netbar2014 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >IMHO, that would not be a good idea. Claws has a lot of users already
> >that now expects it to behave as it does. I, for instance, really
> >like the way it behaves by default, as I prefer having everything
> >confined to the one window.
>
> Ok, so given that it would be inconvenient to change things for all
> users, could things be changed at least for some users, who find it
> inconvenient that the Mail View comes back all the time when it is
> not wanted? All I am asking is: how can I redefine the binding of
> Enter, so that it opens the message in a new window instead of
> displaying the Mail View in the same window? I guess this request is
> not unreasonable, and it is not asking too much.

You can't. That is, you can't change the keybinding to Enter, not
without editing the source, but you can set Configuration ->
Preferences -> Miscellaneous -> "Enable customizable keyboard
shortcuts", and then highlight View -> "Open in new window" and simply
press the keyboard shortcut you want. Setting it to Enter won't work,
though, but you can set it to just about anything else.

If you really, _really_ want it, then you either have to change the
source yourself, or convince someone to add a configuration option to
enable this.

Sorry.

Petter

--