[Users] reply-to-list annoyance

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Feb 2 23:10:13 CET 2015

On Jan 31, 2015, at 04:53 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>Yesno, it's possible to have the reply to list option, when there's a
>list ID, so that the reply gets only send to the list, but as soon as
>the list ID is missing, it's send to all. This would solved all the
>issues we experience with "'Reply' invokes mailing list reply". IOW
>"All" could also be for "everybody subscribed".

Note that you really want to look for List-Post and use the mailto: url
there.  List-ID is for a different purpose.

It's possible of course to have one without the other, but generally it's
probably not worth sanity checking too much.  If there's a List-Post,
reply-to-list goes there.  If not, there's no sensible reply-to-list
functionality available.

Cheers,
-Barry