[Users] Configuration

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Feb 2 17:20:17 CET 2015

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 10:31:14 -0500, Pierre Fortin stated:

>Sounds like you have very specific rules that could all be accomplished
>within dovecot by extending its rules to forward|redirect to the specific
>allowed recipients, delete, or hold for exception handling by CM; in
>which case, we are back to why CM can't guess.

CM does not have to 'guess'. I am trying to configure it to where I want the
email forwarded top. There is no guess work involved. The guess work is which
emails I want forwarded and which I choose to delete or at least not forward.
That required human intervention.

Since I can create a default "To" or "Reply To:", I fail to see why I cannot
create a default "Forward To" address. Also, there is no way to create a
default template for "forward as attachment" although there is one for regular
"forwarded" mail. I believe that is an oversight.

>If the destination address is already available within the held message,
>then you could create an "action" to process it; but I'm assuming the
>final destination is not within the original message or you'd end up with
>a mail loop -- unless external mail hits an externally visible server,
>and this process forwards to an internal-only server, or somesuch.

It isn't.

All I want is the ability to click on one of these prefigured folders,
choose the mail I want forwarded as attachment and click the <forward> icon
and have the mail info filled in. I actually did create an action; however,
it sends each email individually and not as a group. That is a waste of time
and the individuals whom I forward this to do not like to receive a multitude
of messages in that fashion. Perhaps you know of some way to configure the
'action' to send them as a group instead. I have not found a method to
accomplish that task.

--
Jerry