[Users] Configuration

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Feb 2 16:00:55 CET 2015

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 08:29:48 -0500, Pierre Fortin stated:

>"forward mail FROM that folder" is why it's blank -- no way for CM to
>guess the remote-to-this-folder destination... it seems to me you are
>confusing Forward with Reply which should do what you want; or, am I
>misunderstanding your question?

I think you are misunderstand the question. I belong to an organization that
receives quite a bit of mail. It is my job to sort this mail and forward it
onto the correct individuals.

The mail is sorted by a "sieve" script I have set up for Dovecot. Now,
when I inspect these individuals folders, I decide if the mail should be
forwarded or deleted. Since mail in each folder is supposed to be forwarded to
only specific individuals, I can not see why I cannot set a predetermined
address like I do for a "Reply To" or just "To" address. CM is inconsistent
in its behavior on this point. It does allow me to set an account to use, so
why not a destination?

--
Jerry