[Users] reply-to-list annoyance (was Re: Mailing list replies - Was: Error while sending....)

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Feb 1 12:16:27 CET 2015

My apologies Andrej, I forget to edit and by accident send TO you,
instead to the list. So, no Reply-To anymore, I go offline and should
receive all delayed mails later.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 12:05:53 +0100
From: Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com>
To: Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk>

On Sun, 1 Feb 2015 11:42:14 +0100, Andrej Kacian wrote:
> > That way the outgoing messages without a List-Id don't get the color
> > label either.
> > After sending I manually need to apply the filter, to get the color
> > label.
>
> I'm not sure if outgoing messages are even filtered, since filtering
> is primarily a tool for incoming messages. You may want to use a
> similar processing rule for your outgoing/sent mail folders instead.

I guess you're right, I didn't finish setting up Claws, so I use the
"Others" tab to move mails to the wanted folder when sending and if I
forget it, I apply the filters to the Sent folder manually, to move them
to individual folders.

Is it possible to copy the filters to the Send folders processing?

> > Randomly I didn't it for the selected mail, but instead for all
> > mails in a folder. Is there an undo option? I only want the color
> > label for new messages, to avoid that other labels are
> > overwritten.
>
> No, there is no undo option here.

Hm, I could restore from a tar backup. Which file/s contain/s the color
label information?

If I take a look at this mail I received from you, that has got a color
label because I add Reply-To
$ cat Claws\ Mail/The\ shared/KDE\ and/Claws/1094
it seems to be not part of the stored mail. OTOH it's not my day
today, so perhaps I just miss it.

Regards,
Ralf

PS:

On Sun, 1 Feb 2015 12:05:53 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I guess you're right, I didn't finish setting up Claws, so I use the
> "Others" tab to move mails to the wanted folder when sending and if I
> forget it, I apply the filters to the Sent folder manually, to move
> them to individual folders.

Or I use drag and drop and as expected, when using the filter manually
the label is set and as expected, if I drag and drop it isn't set.