[Users] lost personal address book

Reid Vail rsv869 at runbox.com
Sat Dec 12 20:42:30 CET 2015

Hello Group -

I had some kind of nasty event last evening on my LinuxMint 17.2 machine and hope
you can give me a pointer on how to recover the lost personal addresses. I'm running
the stock Claws-Mail 3.9.3 that comes with LM 17.2.

When I restarted my machine and brought up CM it immediately threw up an error about
having lost the index to the address book.  I also lost all the plugins which is
really odd.  So I restored the plugins and rebooted the machine.  No more error
message but the personal addresses are gone.

I looking in the .claws-mail->addrbook folder.  There's data there.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

thanks

Reid