[Users] Claws for iPad ?

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:26:17 CET 2015

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 03:02:52 +0100, Michael wrote:
>ok, that's a joke :) i just wanted to tell you my last enlightenment.
>
>I tried to _work_ with their 'Mail' but it's nearly impossible - at
>least with more than one account and some traffic. It's not the only
>iPad thing that's simple to the extent of being a mere cripple (albeit
>nice-looking). I wonder if iOS users even understand what you can do
>with the system "Email".

Hi Michael,

most likely the idea of the iOS UI design is to use the provider's apps
instead of a MUA, for example
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mail.com/id461316429?mt=8 , if you're
using several providers, then you could use a web browser, since those
provider apps anyway just provide the providers web interfaces. Sure
that doesn't allow to e.g. sort mails from different accounts to one
folder, but that's the work-flow wanted by most users. If you e.g. use
Firefox to use the providers web interfaces, don't expect to get
about:config to remove all the web browser phone home, it has got no
about:config.

The reason that Apple is that successful, is that they provide exactly
what the majority of users want.

Among the default apps of the iPad there e.g. is an app to add dull
effects to your photos, but it doesn't provide even a simple text
editor, even not one without syntax highlighting.

Be aware that the jack sound server for iOS doesn't work anymore,
because restrictions don't allow to use it's own underlay.
If somebody would provide a Claws version for iOS, this version might
not be free to use Claws own underlay, Claws might be forced to use an
underlay provided by iOS too and might become just a clone of Apple's
Mail.

I don't use a jail break on my iPad, perhaps you get a MUA similar to
Claws, if you jail break your iPad. For iOS 9.1 there seems to be no
jail break available, the last iOS versions, that can be used by a
public jail break seem to be 9.0 – 9.0.2, so don't upgrade to 9.1,
AFAIK you can't downgrade.

Regards,
Ralf