[Users] Win 8 Crash

Mike Miskulin mike.miskulin at leadingordersolutions.com
Sat Aug 15 17:28:47 CEST 2015

On 8/13/2015 11:47 AM, Andrej Kacian wrote:
> Hi, did you use Gpg4win previously? Do you have some files in
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\Gpg4win"? There was at least one case where
> new Claws Mail would crash on entering account preferences (your case
> #1) if some old .dll files were present there.
>
> Regards,
> -- Andrej

I updated Gpg4Win prior to update Claws.

This is a path search issue.  Putting claws first in the environment
path variable alleviates the problem.  However, if Claws requires a
particular library (that it ships with) it should only look in its own
installation directory.  This is probably not an issue on linux or bsd
where there are centrally located shared libraries.