[Users] Wtf?! Claws doesn't find my accounts anymore!

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Aug 6 11:31:02 CEST 2015

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 10:01:33 +0100, Paul wrote:
>This has strayed off-topic, no?

Are you sure?

If so please enlighten us in what kind of issue the OP run and how to
solve, resp. avoid it. TIA.

Claws files had a wrong owner and in addition dconf in .cache has got a
wrong owner.

Claws can't be the culprit, but for what absurd reason ever, Claws is
affected.

It's a known issue that dconf causes trouble for apps that use dconf.
It's a known issue that some developers of the bloated desktop
environments even don't care about breaking other software that has
nothing to do with those desktop environments. They even tried to break
the kernel.

Are you sure that nothing the OP does use, is breaking something
needed by Claws? If so, then it was a user error and you should inform
the readers, especially the OP about the error.

I don't know what happened, how to completely solve it and how to
avoid it in the future. Is troubleshooting off-topic?