[Users] [Bulk] Re: Claws Mail 3.12.0 unleashed!!

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Aug 4 10:47:36 CEST 2015

On Tue, 4 Aug 2015 10:09:12 +0200, Petter Adsen wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:07:38 -0400
>David Burleigh <david.burleigh at gmx.com> wrote:
>
>> Any guess as to when it will be available on the ppa for Ubuntu?
>
>Is anyone building new packages for Ubuntu?

It's not rocket science, if no package is available there are several
ways to build a package for Ubuntu. I prefer to finish with
checkinstall instead of following the Ubuntu policy and splitting the
package.

First install the Ubuntu source and run build-dep, then don't replace
the Ubuntu source and don't build with the Ubuntu policy, instead remove the
source completely, git clone and use checkinstall, so you only get one package for
all.

A  cat version  shows the version.

That's how I configured

./configure --build=$(uname -m)-foobar-linux-gnu --disable-maintainer-mode --prefix=/usr/local --disable-static --enable-silent-rules --disable-jpilot --enable-enchant--enable-gnutls--enable-ldap --enable-crash-dialog --enable-pgpmime-plugin --enable-spamassassin-plugin --enable-bogofilter-plugin

That's how I set up checkinstall

1 -  Summary: [ A GTK+ based e-mail client - git checkout ]
2 -  Name:    [ claws-mail-git ]
5 -  License: [ GPL3 ]
9 -  Alternate source location: [  ]
10 - Requires: [  ]
11 - Provides: [ claws-mail ]
12 - Conflicts: [  ]

You need "#11 provides", assumed you want to install the theme package.
There's no need to add the dependencies.