[Users] Changing the Subject

Dan Arico dan_arico at aricosystems.com
Thu Apr 30 18:59:09 CEST 2015

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 18:06:18 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> I edited a Subject with an editor.
>
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep "Subject: " Claws\ Mail/inbox/1
> Subject: test 1
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ nano Claws\ Mail/inbox/1
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep "Subject: " Claws\ Mail/inbox/1
> Subject: test 2
>
> After doing this Claws still showed "test 1". After closing and
> opening Claws, it still displayed "test 1". After moving the mail to
> another folder Claws showed "test 2" and after moving it back to the
> inbox the subject still was "test 2". So it's possible to edit the
> email file and after moving it to another folder and back to the
> inbox, the subject is changed. This at least works for POP accounts.

Based on your example, I found a way. I dragged the offending email
into Drafts. Under Message, there's an option for "re-edit". It comes
up in the Compose dialogue. I changed the subject and selected "Send
later". That put it in the Queue folder. I dragged it back to the Inbox.

Mission accomplished.

Dan

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.