[Users] using webkit-gtk3

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Apr 30 17:42:13 CEST 2015

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 17:06:03 +0200, Salvatore De Paolis stated:

>No that's not possible, fancy (as claws mail itself) has been written for
>gtk2

Interesting, I was not aware of that. As with everything in life, the old is
depreciated by the new. Are there any plans to update/rewrite claws-mail and
its associated software for webkit-gtk3 usability in the future? At some
point it will inevitable become necessary.

This is one of the fallacies of writing any software for a specific
dependency version; although I do fully realize that sometimes it is not
possible to do otherwise.

--
Jerry