[Users] vcalendar timezone issue?

Ron Rogers Jr. cronocloudauron at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 06:12:14 CEST 2015

Strangely, I'm experiencing a bug in the vcalendar plugin.  My ISP
just switched to a different e-mail backend which now uses IMAP and
they also give us a Calendar we can access.  Say I set a event in a
the calendar for a specific time (like my birthday) the vcalendar
plugin will show it starting 5 hours earlier.  For example if I set an
event at high noon on April 30th, the event will show as starting at
7AM in vcalendar. And as coincidence would have it, I'm in the CDT
time zone (Central Daylight Saving Time aka the Chicago timezone),
UTC/GMT -5.

[CronoCloud at wutai ~]$ date +%Z%z
CDT-0500

Maybe vcalendar is assuming remote calendars are GMT or something?