[Users] Including Body in a search breaks "Match Any"

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Wed Apr 22 03:26:31 CEST 2015

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 22:34:33 +0100,
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

Ian> I tried to search a folder for messages with a particular string
Ian> (the same string) in either From, To, or Subject, using the
Ian> detailed search dialog.  That worked (it found the one message

                                                    !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ian> which had the string in both From and Subject, but not in To).
                                                    !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian> Then I broadened the search (well, that's what I thought I was
Ian> doing!) by entering that same string in the Body field of the
Ian> dialog, as well.  To my dismay now there were no hits.

Brian> Are you sure it isn't looking for both conditions to be true
Brian> simultaneously?

I think you have not read my message carefully, much less looked at the
dialog in question.

The dialog has a selection widget providing a choice between "Match any
of the below" and "Match all of the below".  That widget was in the
"Match any" position (which follows from the bit I highlighted in the
quote above), and I didn't touch it between the successful search and
the failed search.  (Perhaps I should have emphasised that last piece of
information.)  Clear now?