[Users] Fixing the focus ?

Steffen Klemer moh at gmx.org
Fri Apr 10 16:20:57 CEST 2015

> >Would there be a way to keep the focus in the Message Body window
> >when I go to the next message ?
>
> Focus drives me crazy too. It happens to me when I change folders with
> the "next unread" key, manually check for new mail or run processing
> rules.
>
> Try using your "space-bar" for paging down and "shift space-bar" to go
> up. The "enter" key may let you line-down and "shift enter" line-up.

I constantly navigate with "View->Got to->Next/Previous Message" which
I set to "p" and "n" keyboard shortcuts. It took me perhaps 1 hour to
get used to it. Now it feels very natural.

Preview-Pane scrolling happens with Return and Shift+Return and "left
arrow"/"right arrow" changes focus between the Folder Tree and the
Message-List. I use this to change the folder (press left, then up/down
to go to the desired folder, then press right).

The advantage with this method is that I don't have to think about/
keep track of the current focus at all.

Steffen

 /\                        - against proprietary attachments