[Users] fancy plugin: printing no-cache image

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Apr 8 13:56:42 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 08 April 2015 02:24:44 Christian Hesse wrote:
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> on Tue, 2015/04/07 18:35:
> > On Tuesday 07 April 2015 18:15:10 Christian Hesse wrote:
> > > Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> on Tue, 2015/04/07 23:45:

> > > I did use that. The e-mail is displayed correctly after that.
> > > It's just the printing that breaks.
> >
> > If it is displayed, I'd go for printing the screen snapshot.
>
> That makes the print blurry and limits to just half a page. Not an
> option.

I've apparently a higher resulution screen.  In any event, my bank is
still trying to get me to go back to electronic statements by clicking
on the print it. They don't seem to understand that a printed statement,
by their bit of scriptory magic, is totally worthless if the from-to
date boxes are blank in the resultant printout.  So I went back to
paper, mailed statements.  I fussed, but they declined to fix it for
more than a month at a time.  What ever they did to enable it must not
have been winders compatible.  No winderz machines allowed on the
premises here.

I would force the issue by opening a stop payment on the charge when it
appears on your statement, saying that their paranoia precludes printing
the barcode that makes the purchase actually work.  If time is not of
the essence, they can print it and mail it to you, but if time is of the
essence, and you are prevented from consumating the purchase at the
designated time, then I see no reason to pay for it, do the stop payment
order.  Most banks do have charge for processing the order, but I dare
say its less than being forced to pay for something you did not receive.

The only way you can get these idiots attention, and get problems like
this fixed is to effect their take home pay at the dividend level.

> > > I was wrong about that caching, though... The server does not send
> > > any rules about cache. Probably the Content-Disposition header is
> > > responsible for this?
> > >
> > > % curl -I \
> > > 'http://www.londonpass.de/barcodegen/orderbarcode.php?orderno=LPB'
> > > HTTP/1.1
> > > 200 OK Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 22:09:56 GMT
> > > Server: Apache
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)