[Users] Highlighting

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 7 19:20:23 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 18:55:43 +0100
Paul wrote:

> > Also, I find that filter rules are not applied auotmatically, even
> > though I have the option set in the account preferences
>
> If you have the option set then filtering is happening. If, by
> chance, you are using IMAP, then it is only messages arriving in the
> inbox that will be filtered, as messages arriving anywhere else have
> already been filtered, server side.

I think the answer must be that I'm not, technically, "receiving" the
messages but rather they are being read from a local directory where
procmail is putting them.  I guess Claws-Mail doesn't filter these
automatically and that filtering must be done by procmail.

Though I don't see why filters can't be applied to such directory reads.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber