[Users] Can't Forward Mail With Pics

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:07:10 CEST 2015

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 19:35:24 +1000, joe wrote:
>One down one to go, I don't have any luck inserting Pics into my own
>mail, I click "Insert" and choose a file but nothing appears to happen

I experience issues too, when using the "Insert" button.

"File 'linux-jwm-and-windows-xp.png' contained invalid characters
for the current encoding, insertion may be incorrect."

"File 'Pierrot_lunaire-Melodrama_von_Schönberg..png' contained invalid
characters for the current encoding, insertion may be incorrect."

Pictures can't be loaded by Claws this way.

If I use the "Attach" button Claws loads those pics without a
problem.

This isn't an April Fools' joke?

"Insert" works, if I choose a text file ;).

IOW it's not possible to insert a picture into a plain text email. This
can be done for HTML formatted emails.

Regards,
Ralf