[Users] Show sent messages in inbox?

B. S. bs27975 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 11:51:58 CEST 2014

 > On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Albert ARIBAUD
 > <albert.aribaud at free.fr> wrote:

 >> You can go into your mail account's configuration, "Advanced" tab,
 >> and you've got an option there to specify where sent messages
 >> should be saved.

This doesn't entirely deliver the expected result, it turns out. At
least for me.

I have this set as you suggest, but still end up with a copy of the
message in Sent. (As well as inbox.)

I believe this to be the imap provider (google one case, yahoo another,
live.ca a 3rd) also automatically copying the outgoing message to sent.

On 14-09-22 04:33 AM, Carlos Becker wrote:
> Merci Albert!
>
> but is it possible to put/copy sent emails to _both_ sent and inbox?
> that would make it easier to search for sent emails and to have the
> threaded view as well.
>
> would the best option be to add a post-processing filter?

So, given the above, you may find what you're looking for already happening?

Alternately, with all messages in inbox, you could filter when you need
to on your from address, and get what you're looking for on an as needed
basis? And if you move messages from inbox to a subfolder, everything
would move together, should you find that useful.