[Users] X-Priority:

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Mon Sep 22 11:09:10 CEST 2014

Hi Uwe,

Le Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:53:16 +0200, Uwe <mm at edor.eu> a écrit :

> Dear list,
>
> I did not found a way to highlight or mark messages in my message list,
> which have a "X-Priority" header. This messages mostly important and
> should marked/colored in any different way.

If you want to match any message with this header, you could probably
filter or process using the condition 'header "X-Priority" regexp
".*"' (and the coloring or tagging action of your choice)

> One thing I do not understand further is the way of the priority
> numbers, as I have mails marked as "high", but they have different
> numbers:
>
> Claws Mail: 		X-Priority: 2 (High)
> SAP NetWeaver:  	X-Priority: 1 (High)

Priority is certainly subjective. :)

If you want the priority level to be taken into account, you could
filter or process using several rules, one per priority level. Rule for
priority one would have condition 'header "X-Priority" match "1"' (and
the coloring or tagging action of your choice), rule for priority 2
would mach "2" etc.

You could even use the CM score if you prefer: each priority rule would
set the score to the rule's priority value (priority rule 1 would set
score to 1, priority rule 2 would set score to 2, etc) and then you
could use the score as you like, sorting messages by score (priority),
etc.

HTH.

> best regards,
> Uwe