[Users] Search for a From pattern AND a Subject pattern

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Mon Sep 22 04:55:00 CEST 2014

I am trying to do a _normal search_ (not a "Quick search") for messages
containing a certain string in the From header _and_ another pattern in
the Subject header.  I don't get the behavior I want, even though I made
doubly sure I switched the drop-down selector to "Match all of the
following".  Instead, all messages matching _either_ criterion are
selected.

I can see a possible reason: in all cases, the selected messages are in
a _thread_ started by a message matching both criteria.  Is that how
it's supposed to work, ie. does the header matching logic always
consider the thread root?  Or is this a bug?

I can provide sample on pastebin if desired.  Claws 3.10.1, Gtk 2.24.10.