[Users] Can't download posts from Eternal-September NNTP servers

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 10:00:09 CEST 2014

On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 09:07:03 +0530
Rajib Bandopadhyay <bkpsusmitaa at gmail.com> wrote:

> A two-year old package shouldn't be a
> reason for its non-functionality,
> should it? :) I use Knoppix, which is a
> fork of Debian.

No, that has nothing to do with this problem.

I've looked at your accountrc file. Strangely you have 4 accounts all
for the same news server. I've no idea why you need 4. But your
problem is the same in all 4:

You have turned on the options "This server requires authentication"
and "authenticate on connect".

It's these 2 options that prevent you from connecting. Turn them off
and you won't have a problem.

If you look in /Tools/Network Log, you will see the "*** Error
authenticating" message.

with regards

Paul

--
Guerre aux châteaux, Paix aux chaumières