[Users] POP3S - SSL Handshake Failures.

ENI info at endeavor-networks.com
Tue Sep 2 23:34:58 CEST 2014

To all:

Is there anyone connecting to a POP3S server with the following
prerequisites:

- claws-mail-3.10.1-pkg56 (Win32).

- "Use SSL for POP3 Connection" enabled in preferences.

- default gnutls_priority string setup, details in earlier post.
  (gnutls_set_priority=0, gnutls_priority=)

- Wireshark (or equivalent) installed.

... that would be willing to determine whether their connection
utilizes TLS or SSL?

Specifically, we would like to determine whether the following are
observed:

SSLv3 Record Layer
SSLv3.0 Handshake
SSLv3.0 Client Hello

... or something different than that.

We recognize that the connection setup is server dependent, but we're
trying to confirm whether others with a similar setup are achieving:

TLS1.x Record Layer; Handshake; Client Hello, or any combination
thereof.

Regards,
ENI