[Users] Claws vs Sylpheed - Several junk folders - Migration from Evolution

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Oct 29 16:12:02 CET 2014

Hi Paul,

On Wed, 2014-10-29 at 14:05 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:58:51 +0100
> Ralf Mardorf <kde.lists at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I subscribed to the list a few minutes ago. My first mail [2] was
> > rejected [1].
> >
> > What is wrong with my request?
>
> Yahoo.com has a problem with our server. Mis-diagnosed anti-spam
> measures. So, unless you have a different address at a different
> domain, you're out of luck.
>
> Still, I can answer your questions.

Thank you, I guess it's ok to send my reply to the list too.

> > is it correct that one difference between Sylpheed and Claws is,
> > that when reading a mail with Claws, no other operation does work,
> > while Sylpheed can continue with other operations?
>
> That's not true about Claws. Although it is not completely
> multi-threaded, it is not quite so bad as you heard!
>
> > Is it possible to use bogofilter for POP accounts, but to filter the
> > junk detected by bogofilter sorted by .net, .com, .ru etc. and move
> > it to individual junk folders, instead of moving it to one junk
> > folder?
>
> You can use bogofilter via filtering rules, rather than the plugin,
> and then you can do further processing on it during filtering. So,
> short answer: yes.

That's good. Since you're on both list's I suspect there's no difference
between Claws and Sylpheed regarding this option?!

> > Is it possible to import mail folders from Evolution?
>
> In what format does Evolution store mail? In what formats can it
> export mail?

I'm using POP accounts and Evolution does use maildir to store the
mails. Evolution seems only be able to save single mails as mbox (not an
option for doing it with thousands of mails). Evolution seems not to be
able to export folders.

Regards,
Ralf