[Users] Claws Mail 3.11.0 unleashed!!

senex at drofle.co.uk senex at drofle.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 15:45:56 CET 2014

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:55:47 +0100
Eyolf Ă˜strem <eyolf at oestrem.com> wrote:
> That depends on your platform/distro. If you're on Linux, the new
> version should show up eventually in your distribution's package
> system - how quickly is entirely up to your distro's
> admins/packagers. This is usually considered best practice, since
> otherwise (e.g. if you build and install it yourself) you will have
> program files spread out all over your system, and any updates will
> be a potential pain.
>
> If you're on windows or mac, on the other hand, you're on your
> own. :) Wait for an official installer.
>
> eyolf

Thanks.  I should have said which platform, I forget that some people
actually use Windows. I am using Xubuntu 14.04. I have never used a
mac.  I have not used Windows for 15 years.

I did not install Claws myself, just used synaptic. So I will wait for
it to happen. Meanwhile it is working well,

Neil