[Users] word wrapping

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sun Oct 26 09:08:28 CET 2014

Bonjour blind,

Le Sun, 26 Oct 2014 15:04:54 +1100, blind Pete
<peter_s_d at fastmail.com.au> a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've just noticed an oddity about word wrapping.
>
> Back back in the day when dinosaurs roamed the earth and students leant
> typing in a room full of mechanical typewriters, it was drilled into us
> the correct way to type was with *one* space after a word or lesser
> punctuation mark, but *two* spaces after sentence ending full stop,
> question mark, or exclamation mark.  After dabbling in typography,
> kerning and all of that I tend to agree, although in the modern era of
> one finger typists and 'leat speak, it does seem to be an unknown
> nicety.
>
> Anyway, CM's auto word wrapping strips out the "unnecessary" space.  Is
> there any way to turn that off?  Or should I ask for an enhancement?
> Something like a check box to double space between sentences, or after
> the characters; '.', '?', and '!' under /Configuraton -> Settings ->
> Compose -> Wrapping/?  Spaniards would probably want the upsidedown
> versions of those.

(/me dons his French cap)

This option, as described above, might sound like a good idea... until
you realize that there are other languages wth other spacing rules out
there. It might therefore be more complex to implement than simply
following a given country's rule.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.