[Users] word wrapping

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sun Oct 26 06:02:30 CET 2014

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 15:04:54 +1100,
blind Pete <peter_s_d at fastmail.com.au> wrote:

Pete> Back back in the day when dinosaurs roamed the earth and students
Pete> leant typing in a room full of mechanical typewriters, it was
Pete> drilled into us the correct way to type was with *one* space after
Pete> a word or lesser punctuation mark, but *two* spaces after sentence
Pete> ending full stop, question mark, or exclamation mark.  After
Pete> dabbling in typography, kerning and all of that I tend to agree,
Pete> although in the modern era of one finger typists and 'leat speak,
Pete> it does seem to be an unknown nicety.

Pete> Anyway, CM's auto word wrapping strips out the "unnecessary"
Pete> space.  Is there any way to turn that off?  Or should I ask for an
Pete> enhancement?  Something like a check box to double space between
Pete> sentences, or after the characters; '.', '?', and '!' under
Pete> /Configuraton -> Settings -> Compose -> Wrapping/?  Spaniards
Pete> would probably want the upsidedown versions of those.

+1 * 1000

Although I personally don't need this because I write all my emails in
the external editor (Emacs) which of course gets this right, I think
users who stay with the built-in editor deserve similar comfort.