[Users] word wrapping

blind Pete peter_s_d at fastmail.com.au
Sun Oct 26 05:04:54 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I've just noticed an oddity about word wrapping.

Back back in the day when dinosaurs roamed the earth and students leant
typing in a room full of mechanical typewriters, it was drilled into us
the correct way to type was with *one* space after a word or lesser
punctuation mark, but *two* spaces after sentence ending full stop,
question mark, or exclamation mark.  After dabbling in typography,
kerning and all of that I tend to agree, although in the modern era of
one finger typists and 'leat speak, it does seem to be an unknown
nicety.

Anyway, CM's auto word wrapping strips out the "unnecessary" space.  Is
there any way to turn that off?  Or should I ask for an enhancement?
Something like a check box to double space between sentences, or after
the characters; '.', '?', and '!' under /Configuraton -> Settings ->
Compose -> Wrapping/?  Spaniards would probably want the upsidedown
versions of those.

--
testing
bP