[Users] ssl handshake failed

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Fri Oct 24 02:26:17 CEST 2014

Hello,

After a couple of lazy month i finally did a regular update (Debian testing) and now the ssl handshake fails for one mail sever (provider) but not for another one. It's ssl on both POP3 and SMTP (no starttls, non-blocking) and i configured the ports given by provider (465 and 995). It worked before, with these settings, anyhow. I still can log into the web mailer in question over ssl with firefox.

I tried to leave the port setting unchecked (i.e. automaticly) but still doesn't work.

Another thing changed. apt-get install xyz now tells me 'package can not be authenticated' and it hangs while trying to reach ftp.debian.de.

My question is, do you happen to know if something with the ssl backend used by claws might have changed ?  I don't know if it helps but i have openssl debian version 1.0.1j.

Michael