[Users] A filtering annoyance

Renaud OLGIATI (Ron) renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Wed Nov 26 21:30:47 CET 2014

Trying to see a bit more clearly, I have done the following:
- Stopped CM
- $ rm ~/.claws-mail/ is so different from what is shown in the Filtering log window ?
- Restarted CM
- Looked at my Inbox, which held several messages that _should_ have been filtered but were not.
- Selected all the new messages in the Inbox, then Tools => Filter selected messages.

After this
- All the previously unfiltered messages were where they should be.
- There are I dont know how many lines of log in the Filtering log window (far too many to wade through manually)
- The filtering.log file is useless, as it only contains lines like:

[11:42:25] * OK: rule is not account-based
[11:42:25] * NOT OK: message does not match
[11:42:25] * OK: rule is not account-based
[11:42:25] * OK: message matches
[11:42:25] * OK: rule is not account-based
[11:42:25] * NOT OK: message does not match
[11:42:25] * OK: rule is not account-based
[11:42:25] * NOT OK: message does not match

with no way to know what message the lines refer to.

Any idea why filtering.log is so different from what is shown in the Filtering log window ?

Cheers,

Ron.
--
        In judging human behaviour, one must go by what an individual
        believes is true - not by what is actually true.