[Users] Claws Mail for Windows

wwp subscript at free.fr
Wed Nov 12 11:46:16 CET 2014

Hello Andrej,

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 10:59:06 +0100 Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 08:58:14 +0100
> Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > for my Linux install I decided to migrate to Claws in the close
> > future. My Linux host runs a Virtual Box Windows XP guest. Since
> > Windows XP is obsolet, I wonder if I could contribute useful reports,
> > if I should run the Claws Windows version on that XP guest. If so,
> > I'm willing to do it, if it's useless to help you, I won't, since
> > there's no need for me to run a MUA on the Windows guest.
>
> Hello Ralf,
>
> I think we have more than enough bugreports for Windows version
> (search our bugzilla for bugs filed against "Claws Mail (Windows)"
> product). Our bottleneck is in the fact that only one person from our
> team is really working on the Windows version (in addition to regular
> development work).
>
> Therefore, while one extra tester and bug submitter certainly can't
> hurt, I doubt it will speed up development of the Windows version.

And in addition to what Andrej said, I see no point in addressing bugs
that would be specific to XP, and unsupported version of Windows.

Not that we're really (actively) supporting Windows and not even
following the support program of this OS, but if it's clear that if a
reported bug implies XP and is not present on 7+, it will hardly get a
chance to see our efforts deployed to fix it, unless the fix is
trivial. Doesn't make real sense to me :-).

Regards,

--
wwp