[Users] "Put deleted messages in . . . " ignored

Graham P Davis newsboy at scarlet-jade.com
Sat Nov 8 10:49:59 CET 2014

On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 08:04:22 -0500
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 11:32:11 +0000 Graham P Davis wrote:
>
> >Instead of dumping all my deleted messages in the same waste-bin, I
> >decided to configure my accounts to use their own trash-cans. To
> >verify that it worked, I set up a new trash folder and edited an
> >account to "put deleted messages in . . ." the new folder.
> >Unfortunately, I verified that it didn't work. Deleted messages still
> >went in the general trash and my new folder remained disappointingly
> >empty.
> >
> >Is there something I've missed in setting this up or does it just not
> >work?
> >
> Sounds like you set up ONE MH mailbox and added accounts when what you
> want is to add one MH mailbox per account:

That is what I did and that is what I want. What you suggest would
lead to to much clutter for me and is one reason why another e-mailer I
tried, which forced me to use a separate mail-box per account was
rejected by me.

What I want is for the "put deleted messages in . . ." option to work.
Seems like I'll have to raise a bug report for this as it seems from
the conversation here that it is a bug rather than a failure on my
part in configuring this correctly.

--
Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
OS: Linux: openSUSE 13.2 (64-bit); KDE 4.14.2; Kernel: 3.16.6