[Users] Very OT: "Put deleted messages in . . . " ignored

Graham P Davis newsboy at scarlet-jade.com
Sat Nov 8 10:41:46 CET 2014

On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 08:10:52 +0000
pete nikolic <pg.nikolic1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 15:14:57 -0800
> Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 20:07:59 +0100,
> > Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ralf> IMO you've got a wrong idea of how averaged desktop MUA users
> > Ralf> want to handle their needs regarding mailing.
> >
> > Must every piece of software aim at the "averaged desktop user"?
> >

> I can see no valid reason for having more than one trash folder
> anymore are just clutter

Really? If Claws had an un-delete button I might just possibly agree but
it doesn't. I wanted to set up additional waste buckets so that a
mis-deleted mail could be found more quickly. As extra buckets would be
sub-folders of the general trash folder, I wouldn't see any extra
clutter.

--
Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
OS: Linux: openSUSE 13.2 (64-bit); KDE 4.14.2; Kernel: 3.16.6