[Users] "Put deleted messages in . . . " ignored

Graham P Davis newsboy at scarlet-jade.com
Fri Nov 7 17:13:32 CET 2014

On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 12:05:44 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 11:32:11 +0000
> Graham P Davis <newsboy at scarlet-jade.com> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, I
> > verified that it didn't work. Deleted messages still went in the
> > general trash and my new folder remained disappointingly empty.
>
> How did you verify it didn't work? What sort of accounts/mailboxes
> are you talking about?

I set up one mailbox with one folder per account in the inbox. The
method I tried for using separate trash folders for each account was
this:

Configuration ==> Edit Accounts
Select mail account and "edit".
Account ==> Advanced
"Put deleted messages in", #mh/Mailbox/trash/Graham.
The following similar entry works:
"Put sent messages in", #mh/Mailbox/inbox/Graham

Just to make the process seem even closer to "sent", I've just tried
asking for deleted messages to be put in a new folder,
#mh/Mailbox/inbox/Graham/trash, but that also failed to make a
difference with deleted messages still going to the general trash
folder.

--
Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
OS: Linux: openSUSE 13.2 (64-bit); KDE 4.14.2; Kernel: 3.16.6