[Users] Filtering spam

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 13:49:49 CET 2014

First, I'm finding it hard to follow your meaning...

On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 12:37:17 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> A filter
>
> spam & from matchcase ".com"
> move "#mh/Claws Mail/Spam/Junk .com" stop
>
> doesn't work when receiving the mails, they still will be moved to
> #mh/Claws Mail/Spam.
>
> If I manually "Filter all mails in folder", this filter works.

What do you mean by "works"? I suppose that you're still using the
bogofilter plugin, which would have already dealt with the message
before it even reaches this filter rule. i.e. it never reaches the
filter rule.

> I assume that if I would use the following filter instead
>
> spam & from matchcase ".com"
> mark_as_ham move "#mh/Claws Mail/Spam/Junk .com" stop
>
> it likely also wouldnt do it's job and in addition it would train
> Bogofilter to detect those mails as _not_ beeing spam in the future,
> but Bogofilter should detected those mails as spam in the future
> too.

Ummm....?

> How can I filter spam to different spam folders using POP accounts
> with Claws Mail 3.11.1-12-g22f9e2e?
>
> It seems to be similar to this
> http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2014-November/011365.html ,
> but I don't understand what to do.
>
> Perhaps something like
> test "bogofilter-foo-bar"
> mark_as_spam
> ?
>
> However, when I installed Claws I sent a request to the list and
> ask if it's possible to sort as I want to do it now. I got the
> reply that it can be done. I can't find a tutorial how to do that.
> Perhaps I should have ask for a _user-friendly_ way to do it with
> Claws. A solution for nerds is quite useless for me.

Things get confusing when you mix up threads. You were calling
bogofilter from with a filtering rule. I was referring to other
bogofilter arguments. See `man bogofilter` and `bogofilter --help`
and it might become a little clearer.

> I suspect that processing rules could do that, but they also don't
> do it automatically, but just when selecting a folder?

http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Filtering_and_Processing_of_Messages#What_is_the_difference_between_Filtering.2C_Folder_Processing.2C_Pre.2FPost-processing.3F

with regards

Paul

--
Guerre aux châteaux, Paix aux chaumières