[Users] OT: X-Mailer information

Sun Nov 2 17:02:37 CET 2014

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 15:49:50 +0100,
Ralf Mardorf<info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 09:32:14 -0500
>Charles A Edwards <cae at eslrahc.com> wrote:
>> ### Please do not CC me, just send to the list and I'll see it ###
>
>The reply to mailing list only and if I want reply to original sender
>only options are not that good for the Claws mailer.
>
>If I use reply I do not want to send to the list, but instead I want to
>send a privat mail. If I chose to reply to all, I want to send to the
>mailing list only. Claws can't handle this. When the preferences are
>edited to send to the mailing list, when I push reply, then there's no
>option to send a private mail. So I set it vice versa, now I need to
>reply to all.
>
>I'm searching for a MUA that should replace Evolution. Until now Claws
>seems to be the MUA I will use, but indeed, I did reply to you and
>Cc'ed to the mailing list, but that's not my fault, it's an issue
>caused by Claws. Evolution is able to provide what I need. If I want I
>reply to a mailing list only and if I want I can reply to the OP of a
>mail and I also can chose to reply to "all".

Please, Claws Mail is one of the mail clients that does things right!

In Preferences -> Writing there is "Reply button invokes mailing list
reply" - if that is checked, if you press "Reply" to a mailinglist
message, then as expected the mailinglist only will get the reply, but
you still can reply to only the sender of the mail using the "Reply to
sender" button.

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists at gusnan.se
gusnan at gusnan.se