[Users] Spam emails

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Thu May 29 16:26:58 CEST 2014

On 29 May 2014 at 06h44, sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

Hi,

> * How to collect these addresses? Can it becomes dynamic as a rule as
>   from the headers/spamassassin from the mail server?

It could, as you can add to an address book from a filtering action:
(header "X-Spam" matchase "yes" add_to_addressbook "From"
"addrbook-000003.xml/195990044" mark_as_spam)

You could also make an Action (from Tools/Actions) that does this and
which you could call manually.

> * How would this work?

You would setup a filtering rule based on "Address book content" which
would trash the messages matching:

(found_in_addressbook "From" in "addrbook-000003.xml/195990044" move
"#mh/Mailbox/trash")

> * Won't these names/partial names become suggested when typing in
>   addresses? or is there some way to exclude it from the suggestions?

Yes, they would, that's one drawback.

Another is spam with spoofed sender address - you can sometimes receive
spam from "a friend", and it would be bad to blacklist friends based on
one spam.

To Neil, I suggest training Bogofilter a bit more, it ends up being
really good.

What helps a lot is to have it move the emails that Bogofilter is
unsure of, to a specific directory, and then empty this directory
regularly, teaching Bogo for each email.

HTH,
--
Colin