[Users] Feature Requests

Tim Zakharov himemsys36 at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 04:48:46 CEST 2014

Off the top of my head (I've only been using Claws for
a few days):
-add a GUI-based way to customize certain preferences per account,
rather than globally.  For example, SpamAssassin plugin for only some
accounts per my previous message, as well as something like automatic
email checking interval.  It would be nice to have very low traffic
accounts only checked once per hour (for example) while the higher
traffic accounts can get checked at a more standard frequency (10
minutes or whatever).  This would have the added benefit of staggering
the checks and perhaps speeding the checks up (since multiple accounts
aren't all checking at the same time, rendering your interface neutered
until checking is complete).

The SpamAssassin solution
(http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Filtering_and_Processing_of_Messages#How_do_I_configure_a_filter_for_running_SpamAssassin.3F)
offered me in my previous post appears to be too complex for me to
bother (the effort it would take me to accomplish exceeds the annoyance
of the issue), so my "GUI-based way" is a request for a simpler
configuration of this feature.

Thank you for this product.  It is an excellent mail client and offers
some great features.  If my requests ring true for many other users,
speak up so it will inspire the developers.  If not, then that's okay
too.  It is, afterall, a free product that many people have no doubt
worked very hard on.  Your efforts ARE appreciated :)

--
Regards,

Tim Zakharov